Community Tennis Ambassador
Title: Community Tennis Ambassador (CTA)
Department: Customer service
Employment status: Part-time
About the Abony Family Tennis Center (AFTC)
The AFTC is an inclusive and accessible community indoor tennis facility offering programs and instructional expertise that encourages tennis to become the leading sport and recreational activity of choice for everyone in Fredericton and beyond.
The Capital Region Community Tennis Association (CRCTA) is seeking a part-time employee to work primarily at the reception area at the AFTC. Our CTA is the face of our center and an important part of growing our tennis community. Accordingly, our CTA must be friendly, outgoing, courteous and professional.
Our center is community based and inclusive with a focus on family and youth. Our CTA must have the skills and aptitude to interact with families and youth to promote recreation in the context of active living. The center is seeking applicants with experience or a strong interest in sport and recreation. Tennis experience is a strong asset, but not a requirement.
Given our focus on youth, a condition of employment is a criminal background check. Our facility is licensed to serve alcohol; therefore, applicants must be 19 years of age or older.
All Community Tennis Ambassadors must:
- Be friendly, courteous and respectful
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be able to work independently on assigned tasks
- Be outgoing and engaging with patrons of the facility
- Complete CPR and first aid certification
- Be knowledgeable in social media
- Be familiar and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Provide all patrons with excellent customer service
- Promote programs to visitors and regular players
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the tennis center
- Engage in marketing as directed by telephone, social media or other means
- Sell player cards, day passes and take all payments
- Enforce center policies to ensure everyone has a good time
- Other job duties as required
Successful applicants must be available to work flexible hours. Our hours are Sunday-Saturday from 8:30am-10:00pm. Bilingualism is an asset, but not a requirement. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
This position is available immediately.