PLAYER GUIDELINES FOR BOOKING AND PLAYING
To ensure the safety of all players and staff we have implemented a number of changes to how you reserve and pay for a court. To further ensure your safety and meet WSNB operating guidelines, we have implemented a number of policies and procedures that have to be followed when you are inside the tennis center. We ask that you please follow all visual and verbal instructions so we can all work together to ensure your tennis center stays open and everyone feels that the AFTC is a safe place to enjoy the many tennis playing options we offer.
Please note that all players will be required to follow the Return to Play Guidelines published by our Provincial Sports Organization and the AFTC guidelines.
Please read all the guidelines below to ensure you have a worry-free tennis experience at the AFTC.
Booking a Court:
Bookings can only be made by calling 457.2382. No online booking
- No booking will be guaranteed if you leave a voice mail
- When booking you can order water, Gatorade or a can of balls\
- Your items will be on the court when you arrive
Paying for a Court & Items:
When booking a court for yourself and 1-3 other people please ensure you give the name of the players that will be playing. This will allow each player to pay through their account online once their name is on a court. Other means of payment are:
- E- transfer
- Online through your account
- Call with your credit card number
- If you have to pay at the reception desk, we’re happy to accept debit or credit. Please follow physical distancing directions
- For the time being, no cash is accepted
Prior to Arriving at the Center:
- Please stay at home if you show any flu like symptoms. (Call to cancel your court)
- Ensure you have your tennis gear on. No changing in the washrooms allowed
- Don’t forget to fill your water bottle at home, as the water cooler is not in service.
When Arriving at the Center:
- Please only arrive 5 minutes before your court booking
- You will be greeted by a staff member. Do not enter if you have any of the listed symptoms
- Only 4 persons allowed in the lobby area at a time
- Only enter if there are less than 4 people in the lobby
- If you have a face mask please wear it when in the lobby/passage/viewing gallery.
- No bags, coats etc. can be left in the lobby. All personal items must be with you on the court.
- Your court will be prepared to play when you arrive
Singles and doubles played inside your extended family & friends bubble does not require physical distancing. Singles and doubles played outside of your bubble must still adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
We strongly recommend when playing with people outside your bubble you follow the physical distancing playing guidelines.
- Use a can of balls each. Only touching your labelled balls
- Pass the ball with your racket
- Don’t change sides
- Don’t shake hands
When Leaving the Court:
- Ensure you gather all your belongings including tennis balls, cans, and empty bottles. Nothing should be left on court
- Leave the court and exit the building while keeping physical distance to others
- You may exit the building through any side exit door
General Facility Guidelines:
- Only one person in a washroom at a time
- Maximum of 6 people in the lounge, if you want to enjoy a beverage
Q. Is my current player card valid?
A. Unfortunately we are unable to apply your free play from March – May. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.
Q. Is there a summer player card?
A. Yes! For $150.00 you have unlimited play
Q. What will prime and non-prime time court fee be?
A. There is only one court fee for June, July and August. $15 per hour
Q. Will there be courts available to book when summer camps are on?
A. If summer camps do not fill up, courts will be open to book
Folks the “NEW NORM” at the AFTC is going to be different to the “OLD NORM”. Please be patient as we all navigate through the new norm together. We want to ensure you, your family, friends, and the AFTC staff are safe. We know the virus spreads like wild fire. Help us spread the positive safe vibe we have at the tennis center. We need you support.
If you have any questions please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rufus and staff.